Monday, April 11, 2016

Being Proactive

I have a younger brother. He's 18 months young than I am. If you were to meet him then you'd see how different we are. We don't look alike, he's an introvert while I'm an extrovert, he's a math and science person while I'm an art person, etc. The point is, we are very different from each other. One of our biggest differences is that he is reactive and I am proactive. When it comes to buying things in the store, he thinks 'what do I need now' but I think 'what do I need now and what will I need later.'

This tends to make me a bigger spender than he is, which he sometimes finds ridiculous but that's ok. Being either proactive or reactive isn't necessarily wrong but it will give you different consequences. If you are reactive, you wait for a problem to come to you and then you do something about it; however, if you are proactive then you deal with a problem before it even becomes a problem, or a bigger problem.

Personally, I love being proactive. I like solving things before they even become an issue.

Whether you are proactive or reactive, the Bible tells us to work and to be diligent about in our work. Whether you are a student or a parent we need to be diligent and work. My mom always tells me to do everything I need to do in one day in the day I scheduled it. Like that I can deal with tomorrow's problems tomorrow and not have to deal with the problems of yesterday and tomorrow.

I know we all have a degree of laziness in us. Sometimes all you want to do is eat, sleep and watch TV. I know I've done it before. And it's good to take some down time, just not too much of it.

I encourage you today, not only to work hard, but to enjoy the results of your hard work.

P.S.: Be proactive :)

Proverbs 10:4
Poor is he who works with a negligent hand, But the hand of the diligent makes rich.


No comments:

Post a Comment